The National Guild for Community Arts Education is thrilled to share space again! This dynamic event will take place in the vibrant city of Washington, D.C., from April 9 to April 12, 2024 at the Washington Hilton.
Our theme this year Seeding Fractals: Cultivating Connections, Multiplying Impact was inspired by adrienne marie brown’s "Emergent Strategy: " The theme captures the essence of community arts education: the power of interconnectedness and the exponential potential for positive change. In nature, fractals represent intricate patterns that repeat themselves on various scales, from the smallest leaf to the grandest tree. Similarly, the community arts education sector thrives on fostering connections and relationships that lead to multiplied impact.
"Seeding Fractals" reflects the Guild's commitment to nurturing these connections within the community arts education ecosystem. It acknowledges that every action, no matter how small, has the potential to create a ripple effect, ultimately contributing to a more vibrant and equitable arts education landscape.
The 2024 National Guild Conference promises a diverse and enriching experience for attendees, featuring:
- Advocacy Day: After building advocacy skills, conference participants will spend their afternoon at Capitol Hill with their legislators advocating for community arts education.
- Engaging Workshops and Sessions: A wide range of interactive workshops and sessions by leaders in the field will explore radical approaches, best practices, and emerging trends in community arts education.
- Inspiring Keynote Speakers: Renowned thought leaders will deliver keynote addresses, sharing their insights and visions for the future of community arts education.
- Networking Opportunities: Attendees will have the chance to connect with peers, exchange ideas, and build lasting relationships with like-minded leaders.
- Arts Showcases: Live performances will celebrate the transformative power of the arts and highlight the talents and cultures of the DC area.
- D.C. Site Visits: Participants will explore the cultural richness of Washington, D.C., through visits to local arts and cultural institutions.