National Action Blueprint
The Creative Youth Development National Blueprint (2018) was developed by the CYD National Partnership—in concert with a cross-sector, 10-member national advisory committee and three national working groups—to drive collective action. The purpose of this agenda is to increase access to CYD for American youth and holistically support positive change in the lives of young people. By 2023:
- Creative Youth Development (CYD) will be a broadly known, well-researched, deeply respected and richly funded field of practice that reaches communities throughout the United States to provide life-changing opportunities to youth through the arts, humanities, and sciences.
- Educators, funders, and community leaders will collaborate across sectors to implement Creative Youth Development programs in a variety of contexts in schools and communities.
- Youth will have increased access to CYD programs.
- A broad array of funders will be familiar with Creative Youth Development as a strategy for supporting the development of young people, extending beyond arts-specific funders to include those focused on education, health and well-being, juvenile justice, and workforce development. More funders will be investing in CYD.
- Creative Youth Development practitioners will have a shared understanding of the defining characteristics and principles of CYD practice as well as shared language, models, research, and tools to help build a case for programs.
- A robust community of practitioners across the globe will be connected and work to continually refine and improve the practice of Creative Youth Development to best serve young people and their communities.