Brooklyn Music School (Brooklyn, NY) announced that it has entered into a partnership with Gotham Group that will lead to a new 20,000 square foot BMS Music and Performing Arts Center that will be wholly owned by BMS and located adjacent to our historic facility on St. Felix Street.
Some of the highlights of the project include:
- The new facility will be constructed without requiring BMS to ever go offline, so we can continue to support our wonderful students and families throughout construction.
- We already have over 85% of the required financing in place and will be launching a new Capital Campaign in 2020 to raise the additional funding.
- The new facility more than doubles our instructional space and provides a home that is fully accessible, safe, and acoustically designed as a state-of-the-art music school.
- It will enable us to add important capabilities such as a new dance and recital space, a Digital Music Lab, a recording studio, and a music video production lab.
- It enhances BMS's mission commitment to core audiences including urban youth, seniors, the disabled, and recent immigrants.
Published: October 23, 2019