A new action guide offers research insights and lessons learned from states that are harnessing the power of the arts to drive rural prosperity. Produced by the National Governors Association (NGA) Center for Best Practices, the guide offers creative policy solutions that draw on home-grown arts and cultural assets to address the urgent problems facing rural America.
The report features the work of rural arts organizations across the country and offers case studies of successful rural arts programs and organizations. Some of the recommendations include:
- Provide leadership for the state’s creative sector to benefit rural communities
- Capitalize on existing regional cultural assets.
- Build the state’s cultural and creative partnership infrastructure.
- Develop local talent and human capital with creative skills.
- Create an environment that is friendly to investment and innovation.
Read the full report on the NGA website.
Published: March 29, 2019