About Our Organization
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND ARTS
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $5 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 22,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 16,000 students at 40+ schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
The Community School of Music and Arts is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to teach in-person private violin and viola lessons to students ages 4 through adults at CSMA’s primary Finn Center site in Mountain View. This is a part-time position beginning in August 2021.
- Teach in-person private violin and viola lessons
- Communicate with parents and students
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of private music instruction and a solid understanding of string pedagogy.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in violin performance and/or music education with an emphasis in violin. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of music teaching experience and success in a studio setting. Significant experience in teaching is strongly preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students and administration.
- Interest and experience in various student certificate exam programs (MTAC, ABRSM, RCM)
- Performing experience preferred.
- Recruiting, scheduling, billing and customer service is handled by a full-time staff.
- Staff takes into account the individual teaching philosophy of each teacher when placing students.
- Workshop, Recital and Masterclass opportunities for students at no additional cost.
- All faculty have access to 403(B) retirement plan.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits are available for faculty who teach 20 hours or more in a week.
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Community Concert Series performance opportunities for faculty
- Employee and Family discount on private lessons and classes
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com