About Our Organization
RYSE is a safe and welcoming center for diverse West Contra Costa youth (ages 13 to 21) that seeks to build youth power and leadership towards the larger vision of personal and community health and transformation. Grounded in social justice values and principles, RYSE provides comprehensive and holistic programming and promotes multi-racial, cross-cultural relationships. RYSE opened its doors in October 2008, and features programming and services across areas of community health; education and career; juvenile justice; media, arts & culture; and youth leadership and organizing.
In 2019 RYSE launched RYSE Commons, a youth-designed expansion project to deepen our presence as a cultural, health, and resource hub for West Contra Costa County. RYSE Commons reflects the dreams, vision, and support of young people, their families, and the larger community. To learn more please visit rysecenter.org/rootedandrysing.
RYSE’s Media, Arts, & Culture Department Overview:
In service to RYSE's Theory of Liberation, the Media, Arts, + Culture (MAC) Department promotes personal healing, social justice, and community transformation by facilitating young people's innovative creation of personal, political, and expressive media and art to shift the narrative about our youth.
The Video Production Specialist (VPS) will be a highly skilled professional, that will support RYSE youth in identity cultivation, personal and community expression, intro and advanced digital media skill building, and work to promote young artists advancing racial justice, safety, equity and liberation.
The position is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of video production programs and projects that are grounded in video storytelling. The VPS will facilitate a youth-centered atmosphere that supports RYSE members interested in undertaking personal, group, and professional video projects. The VPS will partner with other Departments in youth-led video projects that lift up the dynamic and diverse work that young people are undertaking across the RYSE system.
The VPS will be the staff lead for internal RYSE video projects and will work closely with the communications team to create videos highlighting RYSE’s dynamic programming.
The VPS must remain technically proficient in production equipment and post-production software in order to ensure RYSE’s programs meet the current and future digital media production field.
Youth Engagement & Culture Building
- Create, manage, and maintain a professional and creative production environment.
- Develop and facilitate video-related programs, workshops, and curriculum with the guidance of the MAC Director.
- Lead the Advanced Media Producer (AMP) Internship for Video. Create curriculum that focuses on storytelling and skills development in video production.
- Organize and facilitate at least two workshops per week for general members.
- Work with MAC staff to help organize and facilitate MAC-led creative meetings and edutainment events (i.e. company meetings, film screenings, etc).
- Model effective leadership and infuse all aspects of video programming with a general social and political consciousness.
- Provide direct professional mentorship and support of youth driven media projects.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute video content for internal RYSE projects including promotional material for MAC programs and events
- Capture, edit, and produce high-quality videos showcasing the creativity and talent of RYSE members
- Support outreach for the RYSE Center, RYSE events, and MAC program activities.
- The VPS will work with the Communications Team to create promotional content highlighting MAC and Org-Wide programs.
- Lead production of content shoots during RYSE events and programs; edit and archive footage in a timely manner.
- Oversee and maintain video production equipment inventory and purchasing ensuring its proper functioning.
- Stay updated on industry trends and recommend upgrades or new tools to enhance video production capabilities.
- Participate in advanced trainings and workshops to maintain technical proficiency.
- Provide ongoing digital media training for general members, AMP interns, and fellow staff members.
- Familiarity with the following social media platforms: Instagram, Tik Tok, Youtube
- Participation in staff development opportunities, meetings, and retreats;
- Maintain weekly work plan and calendar;
- Submit monthly reports and complete program data entry;
- Support at organizational events;
- Regular check-in meetings with department and direct supervisor;
- Support center-wide culture building and crisis intervention and response efforts.
- Ability to work in a staffing structure that requires fulfilling work directives and direction from peers as well as the direct supervisor
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- 2-3 years working within video production (must provide 3 sample projects)
- Proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Tiktok/Instagram Reels
- Experience with Canva and Pro Tools is preferred but not required
- Strong interest in youth development
- Able to work in a fast-paced multicultural youth environment;
- Experience/desire working with youth peers from the diverse communities of West Contra Costa (or similar community);
- Ability and interest to work in partnership with both youth and adults, and support diverse arts practitioners.
- Strong organization, oral, interpersonal, communication skills: ability to manage time, meet deadlines, work well independently and in a team-oriented setting, and set priorities in an adaptive, fast-paced and responsive environment;
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and persuasive personality;
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Computer literacy: word-processing, excel charts, and other work-related applications;
- Commitment to social, racial and economic justice;
- Willing to adapt scope and responsibilities as needed to effectively achieve RYSE’s mission and best serve the priorities, needs, and interests of members.
- Must be fully vaccinated, booster included (when applicable).
COMPENSATION This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week and annual salary of $70,000- $75,000 (Depending on applicable experience) payable bi-weekly. The position is exempt and does not qualify for overtime.
As a regular employee working at least twenty-five hours a week, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- 100% paid Medical (Kaiser) - (includes Acupuncture & Chiropractic), Dental, and Vision for the employee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for dependent children with a $50 pre-tax contribution per child dependent
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)/Health Care FSA
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 3% match contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid Parent Engagement Leave (20 hours per child)
- Up to 45 days of paid time off (PTO) off in your first year, not including 10 days of sick/mental health time off and 5 days of paid COVID leave.
- Finally, in addition to the above benefits, all staff receive a monthly phone reimbursement of: $75 and receive paid lunch break.
How to Apply
We will be reviewing resumes on an ongoing basis until the position is filled, however, we would like to have this position start by March 2024. Please send a cover letter, resume, three video samples, and three references to email@example.com, with the subject: Video Production Specialist. Video samples can be shared as links in your resume or a Google Drive folder with the files. Samples should be no longer than 10 minutes each and can include one TikTok or Instagram Reel.
Please do not embed your resume and cover letter in the email, it will not be reviewed.
For more information, please visit www.rysecenter.org.