About Our Organization
Founded in 1944, Hoff-Barthelson Music School is one of the country’s premier community music schools with a national reputation for unsurpassed excellence. The School serves more than 800 students of all ages from 50 Westchester municipalities on its campus in Scarsdale, NY, and another 250 at partner organizations including Head Start Centers, healthcare facilities, and social service agencies throughout Westchester County. The 60-member faculty comprises many of the region’s most distinguished educators.
Hoff-Barthelson offers comprehensive individual instruction in both classical music and jazz; a sequential musicianship curriculum encompassing music theory, ear training, composition, music history, and music technology; four orchestras, three choirs, and over 40 chamber ensembles; master classes by world renowned artists; scores of workshops, recitals and concerts; a robust Suzuki program; early childhood instruction; outreach programs; and a five-week summer music and arts program.
Reporting to the Registrar, the Registration Associate supports all facets of the School's registration department so as to provide service of the highest caliber to students, parents, faculty and staff. S/he maintains the School’s registration and class management database, ensuring the accuracy and timely processing and reporting of registrations, student records, financial aid data, and other critical information.
The Registration Associate:
- Coordinates the intake of prospective students and the re-registration of current students
- Assists with coordinating and confirming lesson, class, rehearsal and performance times with students, parents and faculty
- Enters daily updates into the student records database
- Helps prepare materials such as calendars, course descriptions, and room schedules
- Staffs Open Houses and other recruitment events to answer questions and facilitate the registration of new students
- Prepares and reviews registration, payroll and other reports to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Assists with processing financial aid applications and notifications; monitors participation in lessons, classes and rehearsals by financial aid recipients; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Experience: 3-4 years of experience preferred. Experience producing work with high level of accuracy and a proven record in academic, student service or other administrative role.
Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of classical music and jazz. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrable experience using technology applications related to records and data management processes (experience with ASAP Connected Registration Systems is a plus). Strong administrative, organizational, problem solving, and written and oral communications skills. Attentiveness to details and deadlines. Capacity for prioritizing conflicting demands. Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion. Excellent listening and questioning skills. Positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change. Ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and cross-functional teams.
Physical Demands: Infrequent lifting and carrying of up to 25 lbs. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time; frequently working at a keyboard for up to 8 hours at a time.
How to Apply
Compensation: Salary between upper $30’s and low $40’s; 5 weeks of vacation; access to health, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental insurances as well as FLEX benefits (transportation, medical, child care, parking); tuition waivers/discounts.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 15, 2019.