About Our Organization
As the Cape’s leading community school of music and arts, the Cape Conservatory is committed to providing students with accessible, high quality educational and performance experiences. The Cape Conservatory is a warm and friendly environment of dedicated professionals working with aspiring students – ‘inspired artists inspiring students’.
The Registrar will be the first point of contact for all incoming and currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. S/he will present a warm, welcoming reception and environment for students, parents, faculty and visitors in keeping with the philosophy of the Cape Cod Conservatory. S/he will be a key liaison to the faculty, and will provide them with regular updates and important information, as necessary.
General Position Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a professional appearance (e.g., desk and lobby areas). Make recommendations to the Campus Manager for any needed improvements (interior and exterior) to create the desired atmosphere.
- Accept registration information – on the phone, via email, via mail, in person – in a highly courteous, professional and timely manner; enter the data quickly and accurately into the registration system, keeping customer information confidential. Provide a professional receipt and any other related information required.
- Clearly communicate Conservatory registration policies to parents and students.
- Assist the Campus Manager with creation of a room calendar for the Falmouth campus – facilitate studio, classroom and event scheduling.
- Manage communications – phone messages, emails, etc. – for faculty staff, parents, etc.,
- Collect payment and process the funds or credit card information quickly and securely, following best practices and established procedures.
- Facilitate the assignment of students to teachers following supplied guidelines from the Campus Manager.
- Support all reasonable needs of the students, parents/families, faculty and visitors in a friendly, supportive and professional manner. Provide requested information to parents or students regarding class content, class schedules, pricing. Bring any issues/irregular requests to the Campus Manager immediately.
- Be fully conversant of the annual Conservatory and Symphony schedule. Also, be aware of the schedules of faculty members at West Barnstable and Falmouth campuses. Seek to optimize relationships among the two campuses.
- Seek and execute opportunities to promote faculty, events, and the Conservatory and Symphony overall.
- Email or print and mail monthly invoices.
- Facilitate class room set up and breakdown as required.
- Ability to work at either the Falmouth or West Barnstable campus, weekdays generally in Falmouth, Saturdays at West Barnstable.
1 to 3 years administrative/office experience
Proficiency with social media applications (forums, blogs, etc.)
Proven superb verbal, interview, and written communication skills
Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, with minimal supervision
Outstanding planning and communications skills, result focused
Strong writing and editing skills
Strong computer skills: Microsoft Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel a must
Core Competency Requirements
Solid integrity and devotion to team efforts
Dependability and the commitment to maintain confidentiality
Ability to multi-task and exceptional organizational skills
Pro-active approach, flexibility, and positive attitude extremely important
Ability to learn new procedures on the job without formal training
Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail required
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and quality expectations, willingness to push limits of existing abilities of the department to meet changing needs
Ability to work calmly within a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
How to Apply
Hours & Compensation Hours: 20 hours/week, generally late afternoon to early evening weekdays. Saturday mornings required.
Compensation: $15-20/hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume via email or mail (no phone inquiries) to:
Email resume and cover letter to: Amber Broderick, email@example.com