About Our Organization
Creative Art Works is ("CAW") a 33-year-old nonprofit that improves the lives of thousands under-resourced youth each year through in-school and out-of-school-time classes, community art-making events, and part-time after school and full-time summer public art youth employment. Working in underserved neighborhoods of NYC, in public schools, community centers, and parks, CAW provides dynamic arts experiences for youth 4-24 who otherwise lack access. Our programs build confidence, unlock a love of learning, and teach valuable technical, developmental, life and job skills, all while creating profound connections between our young constituents, their art, and their communities.
The Programs Operations Associate will report to the Program Director. He or she will improve, develop and/or maintain operational systems and policies as pertains to programming.
- Maintain operations systems, oversee and execute all program operations including managing efficacy, site controls, and safety.
- Collaborate with program and development staff on operational details and implementation of program development.
- Assist in implementing solutions to maintain and enhance program quality.
- Assist in building and maintaining organizational culture with staff meetings and improved systems for staff communication.
- Improve and develop systems for teaching staff training and shared program responsibilities.
- Collaborate with management team to build and maintain a cohesive cohort of teaching artists, communicating organizational culture and expectations and managing systems for staff meetings and communication.
- Maintain regular contact with community partners.
- Ensure compliance with state, local and federal regulations regarding youth-based art education services.
· Support orientation and support intake of Teaching Artists and Youth Apprentices.
- Manage all program supplies, inventory, purchases, and distribution and ensure related strategic efficacy of program planning.
- Implement and coordinate operational needs of 3rd party sites, including coordinating with Teaching Artists, Teaching Artist Assistants and Community Partners/Schools, including electronic equipment and software.
- Maintain and improve cost-effective procedures for ordering, storage, and distribution of supplies and equipment.
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant experience including coordinating a team.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable in a Mac environment. MS Suite, with strong Word and Excel skills a requirement.
- Practical experience and/or business background a must. Art Administration degree, M.F.A. in Fine Arts or Teaching Artist experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage program operations.
- Ability to tackle emerging challenges and conflicting priorities with a collaborative, creative and strategic approach.
- Ability to managing conflicting priorities.
- Team player capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Flexible and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Clearance in NYC’s Personnel Eligibility Tracking System (PETS).
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Occasional weekend work.
- Driver’s license a plus.
How to Apply
- Competitive salaries based on experience.
- Generous time-off and leave policies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision care plans for employees and families.
- Commuter benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 401(k) Savings Plan.
CAW, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to staff diversity, and strongly encourages applications from people of color. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Programs Operations Associate” in the subject line.