About Our Organization
Community Music Center’s mission is to make high quality music accessible to all people, regardless of financial means. We are a nonprofit institution with branches in the Mission and Richmond Districts of San Francisco, and have served the Bay Area since 1921. CMC offers music lessons on over 30 instruments in a wide range of musical styles, including jazz, blues, Latin, popular, folk, rock, and Western classical. We also present a wide array of no or low cost concerts in our concert hall and out in the community. Community Music Center makes high quality music accessible to people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities, regardless of financial means. Last year, CMC served over 3,100 students with nearly $2.4M in tuition assistance.
The Operations Manager position at Community Music Center will support the Finance and Operations Department and CMC at large in a vital capacity. In conjunction with the Director of Finance and Operations, they will ensure high-quality facility operations and maintenance at both our Mission and Richmond district locations. As a fully on-site position at our Mission Branch location, they will provide logistical and practical support for day-to-day operations, while also managing longer-term projects to improve our facilities and programming space. Beyond supporting physical operations, the Operations Manager will support CMC’s work online through the maintenance and management of IT infrastructure on-site, as well as working in tandem with outside IT consultants to help employees utilize technology as best as possible.
Additionally, CMC will be starting construction on an expanded Mission branch campus beginning in early 2022. The Operations Manager will be the main point person responsible for moving our physical operations to a nearby temporary space while construction takes place, and moving back to the expanded campus when construction is complete. After completion of the capital project, the Operations Manager will become responsible for space rental and related coordination in our larger facility.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, and will be a consistent and reassuring presence on-site at our Mission district location. They will manage regular maintenance proactively, prioritize the security of CMC’s campus, and work with the rest of the staff to make Community Music Center a great place to learn and share in music-making.
Essential Functions – Facility Operations:
- Manage and maintain CMC physical campus operations
- Coordinate reopening of CMC physical campuses to the public after COVID-19 pandemic slows and stops with senior management, with focus on cleanliness and facility readiness
- Walkthrough Mission campus daily and Richmond Campus weekly. Schedule regular facility inspections and maintenance planning discussions with Director of Finance and Operations and Executive Director
- Manage and schedule routine facility maintenance, cleaning and repairs
- Manage instrument repair, maintenance and storage
- Provide physical assistance in the moving of objects and instruments at CMC’s Mission and Richmond District branches
- Maintain on-site security precautions including: management of ADT security system, opening/closing schedule, schedule of physical key issuance, and delivery plus return of keys from staff, faculty and cleaning crew
- Act as staff liaison with contracted cleaning crew, gardeners and pest exterminators, and other key vendors
- Approve and facilitate third party access to CMC campus on an as-needed basis
Essential Functions – Administrative Operations:
- Disburse mail received to appropriate staff and faculty, as well as digitizing of all materials received for future referral
- Batch and deposit cash and checks received at CMC’s Mission and Richmond Branches. Coordinate with Development Department, Finance Manager and Director of Finance and Operations on appropriate batching prior to deposits being made at bank
- Prompt scanning and digital delivery of all cash/check deposits to Finance Manager and Director of Finance and Operations; and to the Development Manager when appropriate
- Prompt scanning and digital delivery of all mailed invoices to Finance Manager and Director of Finance and Operations
- Serve as support contact to faculty/staff for technological issues and act as point person between employees and outside IT consultants. Collaborate with outside IT consultants and Director of Finance and Operations on regular technology maintenance and infrastructure improvements
- Coordinate in conjunction with senior management the smooth transition of operations before, during and after capital project at 552 Capp Street. Duties include but are not limited to: managing move into temporary space prior to construction, coordination of operations at temporary facility during construction, movement of CMC property between sites, and return to expanded campus at the conclusion of capital project
- After conclusion of capital project, assume responsibility for space rental and related coordination on expanded campus to third parties
- Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications & Requirements
Ideal Competencies and Experience:
- 2-4 years experience in facility operations
- Moderate level of IT experience and aptitude
- Experience with office moves
- Experience with space rental for events
- Conversational to Fluent Spanish Speaker
- Background working with musicians or other performing artists
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt 5 day/week (40 hours per week) salaried position. Ideal hours are Monday-Friday 12-8 PM. Occasional additional evening and weekend hours with fellow staff for annual events.
Working Conditions: Full-time, non-exempt. Occasional evening and weekend work. This is an in-person and on-site position; remote work is not possible because of duties and responsibilities.
Salary and Benefits: Annual salary range for this position is $50,000-$70,000 commensurate with job requirements and experience. CMC offers healthcare, dental, vision and supplemental benefits packages.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to CMCstaffopenings@sfcmc.org. Please include Operations Manager in the subject of your email. Only those being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please. CMC is an equal opportunity employer.