About Our Organization
Founded in 1897 as a formal music conservatory serving 200 students, the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music now serves more than 15,000 individuals annually and collaborates with more than 50 organizations including schools, and youth, social service and senior centers, as well other arts and culture organizations and city agencies, to provide music instruction, music therapy, and performances in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan.
Mission: The Brooklyn Conservatory of Music: transforming lives and building community through the expressive, educational and therapeutic powers of music.
Core Values: BKCM is committed to providing a nurturing environment that promotes and personifies excellence, collaboration, and community for individuals engaged in performing and music study.
The Brooklyn Conservatory of Music (BKCM) seeks 1 full time Operations Associate to join our dynamic Registration and Operations team. The Operations Associate is largely responsible for managing the back end registration and administration for BKCM’s onsite programs. This position plays an essential role in supporting BKCM’s team of four forward-facing Registrars, helping to create a seamless customer service experiences for our students and clients. The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude and experience with the administrative end of online registration softwares (experience with ASAP, ActiveNet, or relevant softwares a huge plus), has a strong ability to multi-task, is proactive, analytical, communicative, and excellent at problem solving. Regular duties include class registration set up, analytics and reporting, payroll administration, and other operations related tasks as needed. Candidate should possess strong judgment, be technologically savvy, and should be comfortable in a fast past work environment.
This position provides hands on experience in the operations of a busy community music school. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Administration with a $45,000-$50,000 salary range.
- Registration system set up and maintenance
- Set up and maintain all course offerings and schedules for onsite divisions including Community Music School, Suzuki, and Music Therapy in the registration software ASAP
- Manage and troubleshoot back end of registration software
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of student records
- Prepare enrollment, tuition and student reports
- Enforce BKCM policies and resolve student and faculty issues
- Process student registrations and schedule lessons as needed
- Supervise ASAP attendance in a timely manner for payroll processing
- Train faculty on use of ASAP for payroll
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SCHOOLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in a nonprofit or community music school setting (or equivalent)
- Registration/academic administration experience (experience with ASAP and ActiveNet registration systems a strong plus)
- Strong technological savvy
- Excellent administrative, organizational and customer service skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and friendly demeanor, “roll up your sleeves” hands on attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as Google Drive
- Passion for music and/or arts education a plus
- Experience working with special needs communities a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
How to Apply
Full time employees are eligible to participate in benefits through BKCM including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and paid vacation.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Director of Administration Michaela Mechlovitz at Michaela.Mechlovitz@bkcm.org by Monday, September 30th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the cut-off date.
BKCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.