About Our Organization
Kaufman Music Center (www.kaufmanmusiccenter.org) is one of New York City's most vibrant cultural organizations. Founded in 1952 as a community music school, today’s Kaufman Music Center is home to: Merkin Hall: an epicenter for groundbreaking experiences; Lucy Moses School: NYC's largest community arts school - all ages and skill levels are welcome; Special Music School: NYC's only K-12 public school that teaches music as a core subject; Face the Music: our critically-acclaimed youth new music ensemble. Combined, these elements form a unique musical ecosystem that provides entry points and inspiration through music for thousands of people each year.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a full-time Music Education and Admissions Coordinator for the Special Music School. The Music Education and Admissions Coordinator facilitates the Special Music School admission process and is responsible for the effectiveness of the day-to-day experience of the students in the K-8 music program. This position reports to the SMS Dean of Music K-8 and works closely with music program faculty and the admissions team.
- Assists in the production of K-8 student performances and juries
- Assists with the K-8 admissions process, except the actual evaluation of students
- Assists in the execution of the schedule of the school, K-8, including room bookings, calendar updates and changes
- Handles calendar/event information distribution (to DOE, PTA, ED, and Board)
- Handles paperwork associated with the K-8 program (performance request forms, jury grades, concert programs, etc.)
- Answers the phones and takes messages
- Assists with teacher payroll processing and tracks student attendance. Maintains student files.
- Clerical support as needed
- Classical music training required
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Prior experience working with performing musicians and/or music teachers preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please email résumé and letter of interest with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Music Education and Admissions Coordinator. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.