About Our Organization
SAY Sí ignites the creative power of young people as forces of positive change. We value artists, empower marginalized communities and advance culture. SAY Sí defines marginalized communities as people of color, women, LGBT+, and the economically disadvantaged. Learn more at http://www.saysi.org/
SAY Sí Seeks Graphic Design Guru & Social Media Nerd
The Marketing Assistant will provide critical communications support by designing, writing and documenting content for various promotional outlets. The assistant will work collaboratively with SAY Sí’s Administrative team with a focus on graphic design and social media management.
Position: Marketing Assistant
Reports To: Executive Leadership Team
Position Hourly Rate: $12 - $15 Starting Rate (3-month introductory period)
Starting Schedule: A flexible part-time (Up to 25-hours per week) schedule to fit within SAY Sí’s Administrative Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturday 9 - 5 p.m. Schedule subject to change. May include evenings and weekends for event support.
Start Date: Spring 2020
Directly supports SAY Sí’s Communications Director with duties that may include content creation, media relations, social media management, photo documentation as well as general clerical duties. Main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with SAY Sí executive team to maintain a strong visual brand for SAY Sí, including impactful publications, messaging, website, social media, and merchandise
- Utilizing Adobe Creative Suite to design promotional and educational content for SAY Sí events and fundraisers
- The production of promotional digital content to be shared via social media and digital newsletters
- Organizing promotional documents and archived materials
- Photo documentation and regular upkeep of SAY Sí’s photo archive
- Assisting with website development
- Distributing promotional materials to appropriate businesses and organizations
- Providing assistance with SAY Sí events and exhibits
- Support marketing and communications strategies, including online and print materials
- Support content creation for funding campaigns, fundraisers and other fundraising initiatives
Additional Key Responsibilities:
Mission Advancement - Reinforce SAY Sí’s values within the organization and to the community; effectively communicate benefits and impact of SAY Sí’s efforts to all stakeholders.
Collaborative Storytelling - Works with the Executive Leadership, teaching artists and SAY Sí students to develop communications strategies that creatively and authentically tell SAY Sí’s stories.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Commitment to SAY Sí’s mission, vision and core values
- Must have enthusiasm for honoring youth voice and sharing power with youth
- Believe in the power of art and creativity as agents for change and equity
- Strong personal integrity
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Sense of humor and open, collaborative, spirit
- Commitment to creativity and passion for the arts
- Must have good organization, management and communication skills, with a demonstrative ability to plan and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms
- Comfort with basic photography skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and GSuite Applications and web-related navigation.
- Preferred experience with website content management systems such as Wordpress, email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, and social media networks.
- An understanding of branding as it relates to data-driven social media marketing strategies involving audience engagement
- Recommended Bachelor's Degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, communications or other related fields
Benefits at Start Date:
- Sick Leave
- Professional Development, Education and Self-Improvement
- Workers’ Compensation
This compensation is in addition to federally mandated Social Security and Medicaid employer matches.
How to Apply
All potential candidates will need to submit PDFs of their resume, cover letter and three references.
Applicants are also required to share work samples or a portfolio of work: writing, art, design or otherwise creative work.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: SAY Sí Marketing Assistant Application
Letters - ATTN: Nicole Amri, Program Director
Submissions will be accepted until position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
SAY Sí does run background checks on all employees.
Applicants will be asked submit information for a background check if considered, at time of application or interview applicant is welcome to address any issues or concerns pertaining to their background check or application.