About Our Organization
Bloomingdale School of Music is a nonprofit community music school located on Manhattan's Upper West Side and serving over 650 students from all over greater New York City. The school has an extraordinary faculty, an innovative program, and a fifty-year record of providing access to high quality music instruction in private lessons, classes, and school partnerships. Bloomingdale is at an exciting time in its history, focused on strengthening the program within the school and proactively building relationships and connections in the community we serve. The school is housed in a five-story brownstone at 323 West 108th Street, between Broadway and Riverside Drive. The facility has 14 teaching studios, a recital hall, and offices. More information may be found at the school's website www.bsmny.org .
This position is responsible for developing and implementing annual hyper-local marketing and communications plans to drive enrollment and community engagement for all BSM activities. Working closely with the Executive Director, and staff across all departments, this position helps to develop clear messaging, images and communications across various media – letters, eblasts, website, social media, posters, flyers, and more. This position manages annual outreach community engagement events and supports development activities as part of the External Relations team. The position oversees part-time project staff for website, media (video/photo) and graphic design needs.
- Develop and execute annual marketing and communications plans in alignment with registration, events, and community calendars.
- Coordinate campaigns across all outlets – creating a wide range of different marketing materials - newsletters, advertisements, website, social media, emails, posters, flyers, postcards, to be distributed both inside the school and in the community.
- Manage all website and social media accounts, e-communications - including writing/editing copy for all posts and eblasts.
- Oversee community outreach/engagement events – community fairs, special events, manage list of local/community contacts, staff and attend outreach events.
- Populate and manage extensive testimonial archive for use in marketing and development materials
- Track Google analytics and open/click rates and monitor engagement and shape e-communications accordingly.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant BSM departments are kept informed of marketing and communications objectives.
- Oversee media, website and graphic design needs for school – hire and manage part time project staff, manage the inventory, and develop ways to use assets
- Manage marketing budget, monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications and ROI for marketing spending.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in non-profit community based marketing or similar area
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with office and database systems (Vertical Response, MailChimp, ASAP Connected, Google Docs).
- Experience and skills with Social Media and websites (FB, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, SnapChat, Wordpress, etc.)
- Positive and clear communications with highly developed attention to detail
- Stay current on website/media tools, resources and participate in long-range planning for use of this technology to promote the school.
- Capacity to be an organized self-starter, systems builder, and flexibility to work within a diverse team environment, share workspaces, and have excellent follow through – finishing tasks on time, or asking for help support when necessary.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community music education a plus.
- Adaptable, Multi-tasker, disciplined, and skilled at prioritization.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion a must.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with “MARKETING MANAGER” in the subject line.
The salary is commensurate with experience, and position is eligible for overtime, pre-approved by supervisor when events schedule requires. BSM offers a full benefits package including partial health costs, retirement, transit, and generous vacation schedule.
Bloomingdale School of Music is an EOE/educational institution and is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion. BSM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.