About Our Organization
The Sphinx Organization is the social justice organization dedicated to transforming lives through the power of diversity in the arts. Sphinx’s four program areas – Education & Access, Artist Development, Performing Artists, and Arts Leadership – form a pipeline that develops and supports diversity and inclusion in classical music at every level: music education, artists performing on stage, the repertoire and programing being performed, the communities represented in audiences, and the artistic and administrative leadership within the field.
Manager of Leadership Programs will run point on operations and logistical management of Sphinx’s leadership programs: primarily Sphinx LEAD (administrative leadership program), specific components of SphinxConnect (annual global convening), and other program elements. A successful candidate for this role identifies with Sphinx’s mission, loves logistics, is prompt, responsive, highly organized, and thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment.
The position duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with Sr Director of Leadership to ensure logistical success for Sphinx LEAD
- Be responsible for logistically planning and implementing the learning retreats for the Sphinx LEAD program, and serve as a liaison with host institutions
- Serve as contact for Sphinx LEAD cohort members, addressing or referring their questions and tracking all pertinent information
- Be available to travel and attend each of the Sphinx LEAD learning retreats
- Work with Sr Director of Leadership to support the critical elements of SphinxConnect, including speaker and participant preparation (scheduling, paperwork, production needs, occasional travel, and more)
Job Qualifications & Requirements
Candidates considering this role must have an authentic affinity for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as well as arts administration. Attention to detail, advanced skills in synthesizing information, and confidence with computers/technology will be essential in this position.
This is a part-time contractor position, with a flexible working schedule and weekly commitment averaging 25-30 hours. No relocation to Detroit necessary, with compensation at 30K plus expenses and use of technology.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your resume and a brief statement of interest to the URL below by February 1, 2021. The statement should describe your interest in the role and the mission of Sphinx, as well as your long-term career objectives.
All applicants treated as confidential and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and agreement.
Application deadline: February 1, 2021.