About Our Organization
About Settlement: Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States and serves children and adults of all ages. Settlement Music School is an inclusive creative community, dedicated to providing the highest quality arts education for all. Regardless of age, background, ability, or economic circumstances, there is a place for all at Settlement. We offer 10,000 services every week in music, dance, and arts therapy at our six branches and dozens of community partnerships across the region, and are proud to offer financial aid to more than 60% of our student population, ages 6 months to 96 years. Today, Settlement continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Settlement is seeking to hire a key member of the advancement team to serve as a grant strategist, writer, and relationship-builder for a robust foundation and corporate giving program. S/he will be responsible for securing funds in support of Settlement’s financial aid program, off-site partnerships, award-winning Pre-K program, capital needs and more. This position will be assigned a portfolio of donors and prospects and will be charged with actively building that portfolio through researching and forging new relationships with prospective foundation and corporate funders. This position also works in concert with the development department to develop effective strategies for reaching overall annual and campaign goals as a team. This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and is part of a six-person advancement team.
The successful candidate will write compelling requests for funding and be adept at matching donor needs with organizational goals. He/She will have the ability to manage complex proposal and reporting requirements within the organizational structure of the School.
- Maintain calendar of proposals and reports and research new opportunities
- Manage a calendar of 70+ proposals and reports annually, including supervising additional writing staff as available, gathering pertinent program and financial details from program and finance personnel
- Lead and facilitate research into new institutional initiatives and prospects within the Advancement team and senior staff.
- Develop stewardship plans for foundation and corporate donors and set up and participate in site visits
- Participate in the development of high-level strategies to match Settlement’s goals with funder priorities
- Develop a full menu of sponsorship opportunities that can enhance the School’s corporate profile and identify sponsor prospects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and salary requirements by email only to email@example.com.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer