About Our Organization
MacPhail Center for Music is a community resource providing exceptional music instruction for individuals, groups, and ensembles as well as partnerships with schools and arts organizations enabling MacPhail to transform the lives of people of all ages, in the greater Twin Cities area and beyond. MacPhail has been an integral and central foundation of lifelong learning in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota for over 110 years. More information about MacPhail can be found on their website at macphail.org, and on social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
LOCATION: Onsite Minneapolis, Hybrid or Remote (August-May)
Madeline Island, WI (Occasional onsite May, August-September; full-time June-July)
This position leads the operations of the Madeline Island Chamber Music (MICM) program. The Director of Operations is responsible for oversight, direction, and assessment of the operations of the MICM program. The Director must have an interest in devoting time and energy to supporting a high-quality program in a remote Island location with a unique sense of place.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensure seasonal staff are hired, trained, scheduled, supervised, and evaluated
- Direct program operations, student and Artist Residency logistics including travel, contracts, and housing
- Manage student application and admissions process including financial assistance and scholarships
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations, locally and nationally, to support both the Artist Residency activities and student recruitment efforts
- Keep up with emerging trends in the field
- Monitor day-to-day financial operations and related records during on-site summer programming
- Prepare and monitor the department budget and payroll entries
- Support MICM fundraising event logistics as needed
- Manage rental of Island properties as needed
- Market and recruit for the program in coordination with the marketing department including MICM social media activity
- Coordinate maintenance of Island properties in coordination with winter Island contractor, plumber, and Director of Campus Operations with support from the MacPhail Facilities department
- Negotiate contracts with vendors as necessary and provide work direction to contractors
- Report program activity to the President and COO on a regular basis
- Represent the program at administrative and planning meetings
- Provide program information to internal and external constituents
- Collect and maintain student demographic and program data
- Compliance with COVID-19 policies
- Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications & Requirements
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent.3-5 years successful management and supervisory experience.
Abilities: Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Ability to establish effective, professional relationships in a collaborative working environment. Able to work extended hours during camp season.
Knowledge and Skills: Strong logistic, organization and management skills. Proficiency with web-based collaboration environments and Microsoft Office. Positive attitude and strong professionalism. Must have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Strong initiative, organizational and time-management skills. Knowledge of high school and college student experience and needs.
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for extended periods of time; frequently working at a keyboard for up to 6 hours at a time. Frequent walking, stooping, and bending. Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 25 lbs.
How to Apply
To apply, follow this link and apply online.