About Our Organization
Founded in 1908, Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States and serves children and adults of all ages. Settlement Music School is an inclusive creative community, dedicated to providing the highest quality arts education for all. Regardless of age, background, ability, or economic circumstances, there is a place for all at Settlement. We offer 10,000 services every week in music, dance, and arts therapy at our six branches and dozens of community partnerships across the region, and are proud to offer financial aid to more than 60% of our student population, ages 6 months to 96 years. Today, Settlement continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Settlement Music School seeks an Individual Giving Officer to support the growth of gifts of $5,000 and more to the School. This position is responsible for personal cultivation and solicitation visits, major gifts support to the CEO and Chief Advancement Officer, and development and execution of an alumni strategy. The Individual Giving Officer will also work with an extensive Board and other volunteers to inspire philanthropy for the School. This is a high growth potential position, with the right candidate being able to create a new niche of donors for the School in an environment open to innovation. This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and is part of a six-person advancement team.
- Manage a personal portfolio of 50-80 prospects, with the intent to develop relationships leading to major gifts for the School ($5000+).
- Provide internal support to the CEO and CAO for prospects under their management, assisting with strategy, briefing documents, scheduling, and follow-up.
- Support Board and volunteers with assignment reminders, briefing documents, scheduling, and follow-up.
- With CAO, review and qualify new major gift prospects
- With Advancement and Communications teams, develop and execute an alumni strategy
- Meet monthly goals of donor meetings and visits
- Prepare proposals and stewardship reports for major gift donors and prospects
- Execute annual Planned Giving marketing campaign
- Participate in department-wide activities and initiatives relating to special events, cultivation, and stewardship activity
Qualifications: We are seeking a curious, smart, adaptable person with an interest in music and/or social justice. Previous fundraising experience is not required, but an ability to learn quickly, infectious enthusiasm, and a passion for meeting new people is a key asset to the work.
Excellent writing, attention to detail, organizational skills, and computer literacy are essential, as are exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors. Bachelor’s degree is required and three years of professional experience is preferred.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email only to email@example.com.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.