About Our Organization
Imagination Stage empowers young people to discover their voice and identity through performing arts education and professional theatre. Imagination Stage envisions a future where theatre experiences are a fundamental aspect of children’s lives, nourishing their creative spirit, inspiring them to embrace the complexity and diversity of their world, and helping them overcome their challenges with hope, courage and, above all, creativity.
The Education Marketing & Communications Coordinator (EMCC) is an essential member of the Marketing & Communications team. With oversight by the Director of Marketing & Communications and Manager of Marketing, the EMCC primarily executes Imagination Stage’s education-specific marketing strategy to generate sales of classes and camps.
- Support marketing and communications strategy with a focus on education program sales, including tactics to promote cross-over participation between theatre patrons and class/camp participants.
- Serve as liaison between marketing and education departments, including representing the marketing team at education meetings.
- Serve as project manager for:
- Education marketing pieces, including management of content creation, execution of email campaigns, creation of print pieces, and other advertisements.
- Education focused webpages, including editing and updating information.
- Coordinate and staff annual Imagination Stage community engagement event(s) to drive registrations including internal open houses. Coordinate Imagination Stage’s participation in DC-area arts festivals and Summer Camp fairs to reach a wide pool of potential registrants.
- Perform basic graphic design and layout for student show programs, digital ads, social media posts, marketing emails, building signage, and digital lobby screens.
- Work closely with the Database Coordinator to ensure the online registration system is up-to-date.
- Prepare and analyze student and family surveys to inform education marketing strategy.
- Market and publicize student productions with the assistance of Education and Marketing Apprentices.
- Arrange and staff photo shoots for classes, camps, and student performances.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) initiatives and values.
- BA or equivalent experience in marketing or industry-related field.
- Professional experience in not-for-profit, arts, or education marketing preferred.
- Excellent editing, copywriting, and data analysis skills.
- Organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Attentive to deadlines and details.
- Experience with market research and community engagement initiatives a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Tessitura (preferred), WordPress, WordFly, Basic HTML, and Canva.
- Must be available for occasional evening/weekend hours.
- Annual Salary: $35,568, negotiable based on experience
- 100% coverage for HMO individual health insurance
- Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days; 7 personal days; 7 sick days; 16 paid holidays
- Transit/Parking benefit
- Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Please visit our website to complete the application form and upload a resume and cover letter: