About Our Organization
Lifetime Arts connects the people, funding, ideas and strategies necessary to increase the number and quality of professional arts programs for older adults. By helping to develop policy, sharing best practices and providing expert technical assistance in the design, funding and implementation of creative aging programs, we help organizations and individuals build livable communities for all ages.
Lifetime Arts seeks an Education Coordinator with experience in facilitating instructional arts programs (ideally for older adults) and/or extensive K-12 teaching artist experience, as well as administrative and managerial experience. This is a new full time position in Lifetime Art’s New Rochelle, NY office. To apply, visit www.lifetimearts.org/employment/
The Education Coordinator’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Education with the design and implementation of creative aging professional development activities including trainings both locally and nationally for:
- Teaching artists
- Arts and cultural organizations
- Senior service organizations
- Public libraries
- Policy and funding entities
- Assist the Director of Education in all administrative duties such as: budget creation, record keeping, personnel contracts, hiring of teaching artist consultants, panelist and general communication.
- Collaborate on the design and content of all resources utilized in Lifetime Arts trainings powerpoints, printed materials, etc.
- Assist with the Teaching Artist Mentorship program. Responsibilities include:
- Design and production coordination of Mentorship curriculum, including all print and online resource materials
- Coordinate mentee and mentor identification, recruitment and selection
- Observation and evaluation of mentoring sessions
- Assist and co-facilitate mentor/mentee trainings
- Assist in the development and implementation of Lifetime Art’s Trainer Program.
- Present and co-facilitate professional development activities at the discretion of the Director of Education and Lifetime Arts senior staff.
- Assist with the development and production of a suite of Lifetime Arts’ curricula for use in online resources, training and mentoring programs
- Work with Lifetime Arts programming staff to coordinate technical assistance and program administration.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a teaching artist delivering sequential instructional arts programs
- Experience in facilitating training and professional development
- Exceptional ability to work creatively and collaboratively
- Exceptional communication skills: written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Strong public presentation and facilitation skills
- Willingness and availability to travel
$52,000/annually, plus benefits package including: paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, paid sick and personal days, transportation/parking subsidy, access to 401k, and health insurance (medical coverage) subsidy.
How to Apply
To apply, visit www.lifetimearts.org/employment/
Deadline for application: January 25, 2019
No calls, please