About Our Organization
The Music Conservatory of Westchester, a nonprofit community music school in White Plains, NY, seeks a Development Associate. Reporting to the Development Officer and working closely with the Executive Director and Communications team, this key position is responsible for handling a variety of key tasks pertaining to the school’s fundraising program. The Development Associate interacts on a daily basis with Conservatory staff, faculty, board members, donors and student families. The Conservatory is a musical community in which everyone shares enthusiasm for the school’s mission, programs and activities. The work environment is collegial, lively, and filled with music on a daily basis.
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential, as well as outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point) is essential, as well as facility and familiarity with various databases. Candidates should have at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, an interest in nonprofit management and the arts, and two years of prior experience in fundraising and volunteer management. A background in music is a plus
Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee and manage the school’s annual fund, including strategizing and writing fall and spring appeal letters, strategizing mail and online campaigns, organizing mail/email lists, overseeing production/mailing.
- Work with the Development Officer on the planning, implementation and follow-up for the Conservatory’s major annual fundraiser in June, as well as other special events.
- Coordinate and manage the Conservatory’s parent, adult student, and teen volunteer groups. Organize meetings and events in which they have a key role, including Inside the Studio Week, Fall Open House, and Performathon.
- Create and manage a parent and adult student campaign to support the school’s Legacy Project, to develop new technology-based teaching studios and programs. Work with the Communications team to take the campaign online with customized donor solicitation emails.
- Supervise the part-time Development Assistant.
- Oversee and manage the school’s development database, ensuring accurate and timely data entry, organizing lists for various events and campaign, generating reports, maintaining narrative donor information and stewardship calendar, and ensuring timely acknowledgment of all donations.
- Participate in the grant application process as time allows, working with the grant writing consultant and Executive Director to prepare various application components as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Trustees, to oversee the organization of meetings and events, recording board meeting minutes and facilitating editing and finalization.
How to Apply
To apply, send resume, cover letter and contact information for three (3) references to email@example.com.