About Our Organization
Community Music Center (CMC), one of the oldest arts organizations on the West Coast, provides music for everyone, regardless of financial means. Since 1921 we have offered high-quality music lessons, low-cost performances, and creative enrichment for all ages and abilities. CMC is offering an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Development Assistant. We seek a service- and detail-oriented person with a passion for community arts education to join our team of dedicated and professional staff and faculty.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this position requires a detailed and results-oriented individual with strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines effectively, and a proven track record of nonprofit fundraising.
Responsibilities (in collaboration with CMC’s Development Manager):
- Maintain and update CMC’s donor database on the Salesforce CRM platform, including entering all donations and new donor information and generating acknowledgments in a timely fashion. Generate donation reports as requested.
- Provide support for CMC Development mailings, including two annual direct mail appeals and event invitations. Prepare mailing lists for merging and printing.
- Provide support for CMC “friend-raising” and fundraising events.
- Support the CMC Development Committee at monthly meetings by printing supporting materials, attending meetings, and taking minutes.
- Support bi-monthly meetings of CMC’s Board of Directors. Prepare and post to the CMC Board resource website all materials for the meetings, attend meetings, and take minutes.
- Reconcile development reports with the finance department on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
- Fulfill any special projects as needed and assigned by the Development Manager.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to work and interact effectively with volunteers, CMC staff and faculty and students, and the public. This is a donor-facing position and involving timely, courteous, and professional communications with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Drive.
- Experience with a donor database/CRM platform such as Salesforce (preferred), Blackbaud, or Exceed.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting fundraising events
This is a part-time non-exempt position, working 24 hours per week with some evening and weekend hours as needed. At present, the majority of work will be remote.
How to Apply
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Development Assistant” in the subject of your email. No phone calls, please. CMC is an equal opportunity employer.