About Our Organization
Since 1891, New York's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall's commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
Provide general assistance and support to two of the Weill Music Institute’s Learning & Engagement programs – Link Up and Musical Explorers. This position supports two Managers of Learning & Engagement Programs and the Assistant Director of Learning & Engagement Programs.
- Serve as main contact for participating Link Up and Musical Explorers teachers, actively building a community of educators;
- Coordinate teacher registration processes, program data entry, participant concert assignments, confirmation mailings, follow-up phone calls, ticket distribution, professional development workshop reminders, and related correspondence, etc.;
- Develop, track, and maintain spreadsheets, records and databases; organize meetings, materials and mailings; and prepare/edit program resources and information for schools, teachers, program consultants and others;
- Serve as a representative of the Learning & Engagement Programs team during school visits and events, i.e., concerts and workshops, and WMI events, and in the field;
- Assist with program assessment and evaluation, including collecting, organizing, and maintaining survey data, and corresponding regularly with teachers and schools;
- Coordinate logistics of Link Up and Musical Explorers culminating concerts with front-of-house management and concert production teams;
- Coordinate internal scheduling for program materials such as curricula, online resources and audio/video materials;
- Serve as a liaison with other Carnegie Hall departments, including WMI Administration and Production;
- Provide ongoing support as needed to the Director of Learning & Engagement Programs, Assistant Director, and program managers.
- Other duties as necessary as assigned by supervisors.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong interest and experience in music and education required
- Strong customer service skills;
- Self-motivated, problem solver, detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task and manage work load in fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Excellent computer skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word; as well as social media and networking programs; familiarity with Finale and Tessitura preferred;
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively; and has the ability to handle certain tasks independently;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter indicating the specific department or position in which you are interested. Please send your materials to email@example.com.