About Our Organization
317 Main’s mission is to encourage personal growth, creative expression and community connection through music.
We have an immediate opening for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our team as the Communication/Development Coordinator. Applicants for this position should have a passion for music and a strong desire to engage with and help build our community by supporting the execution of our communications and development strategies. The Coordinator will work closely with both the Director of Communications and the Development Director to promote 317 Main programming, events and fundraising initiatives.
Communications Responsibilities (50%)
- Work with Director of Communications to develop and share written and visual/multimedia stories for 317 Main’s social media, email and website that promote awareness about our programs and events and advance our mission.
- Manage and organize media in Dropbox
- Manage 317 Main website content and monitor analytics
- Assist in creation of marketing materials for programs and events including online course catalogs for fall, winter and spring sessions
- Help to build relationships with media that will lead to news coverage
- Create art and graphics including ads, banners and flyers. (Will work with graphic designer for high-profile events if needed.) Manage distribution of marketing materials online and in the community
- Create annual customer satisfaction surveys and share data with admin team and Board of Directors
- Staff 317 Main events that sometimes happen on nights and weekends including documenting event, (print and multimedia), greeting guests and collecting contact information.
Development Responsibilities (50%)
- Engage in and support the process for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities
- Enter and reconcile gifts and pledges in Donor Database (Little Green Light)
- Support the Development Director with the implementation of 317 Main’s donor stewardship program
- Work with communications and development team to target audiences for appeal letter and other donor communications
- Work with Development Director and Communications Director to manage communications calendar, including communications targeted at donors and donor prospects
- Support the Development Director and volunteers with the documentation of cultivation plans and contact reports related to major donors, foundations, and corporations
- Support the planning and implementation of fundraising events such as our annual House Party.
Working knowledge of WordPress and email communications software (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp etc.), as well as social media platforms, including ability to target communications and segment messages. Knowledge of/some experience with customer relationship management (CRM) or donor database functionality a plus but not required. Knowledge of Basecamp or other project management software a plus but not required.
Basic graphic design skills (knowledge of InDesign and/or Illustrator a plus)
Basic video production skills (knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus)
Well organized and proactive with excellent attention to detail.
Ability to work with and direct volunteers.
Ability to work well with a team.
Ability to work some flexible hours including weekend and evening events
Belief in the importance and integrity of 317 Main’s mission.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
4-year program degree
At least one year’s experience in related field
Musical background a plus
36 hrs wk - Split between Communications and Development
How to Apply
Please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include links to writing sample and/or multimedia content. To apply by mail, please send to: 317 Main Community Music Center, 317 Main Street, Yarmouth, ME 04096.
Salary - $30,000. Eligible for benefits (health, vacation, and retirement plan)