About Our Organization
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Trudl Zipper Dance Institute. The Colburn Center for Innovation and Community Impact serves all four units with various programmatic initiatives.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
The Career Development Coordinator, Center for Innovation and Community Impact position supports a wide spectrum of activities in the Center and is responsible for the coordination and implementation of numerous career development programs at the institution. The person in this position will be in direct contact with students from across the units of the institution, providing career guidance and mentorship for early stage artists interested in launching projects and gaining professional development experience about the field. The coordinator will work with the Chair to develop programming that is relevant and useful to the Colburn community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, schedule, and run the Colburn Conservatory New Venture Competition and the Social Innovation Fund. Set information sessions. Take one on one meetings to help students prepare their applications.
- Coordinate and monitor private lesson instruction and sectionals administered by the Colburn Conservatory students.
- Schedule, organize and coordinate the faculty for micro-courses in all units of the school.
- Coordinate and schedules teaching fellows professional development sessions.
- Work closely with the Jumpstart coordinator to ensure a high-quality educational experience for Jumpstart students.
- Work with the Community Engagement Coordinator to organize, schedule and conduct site visits for the Colburn Stories and Strings program.
- Oversee and schedule the Musical Encounter Interactive process for Conservatory musicians.
- Publicize Center activity, write the CICI newsletter and manage the Center's social media handles.
- Produce the Center's podcast series Performance Review and develop a CICI vlog series.
- Assist with student generated content production (Podcast Studio, Tech Toolshed, Recording Studio)
- Organize and coordinate all community performances and the institutional gig list.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in Music, Arts Management or Humanities is required.
- Combined experience/education may be substituted for minimum education.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Some prior administrative experience supporting a fast-paced environment and/or event logistics desirable.
- Desire to manage office functions and bring creative thinking to an entrepreneurial environment within an academic setting is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work a very flexible schedule including some weekends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Required Applicant Documents:
How to Apply