About Our Organization
Punahou Music School is a community music school located on the campus of Punahou School, a large K-12 independent school. Established in 1919, Punahou Music School offers lessons in piano, string, wind, brass and percussion as well as in voice, guitar and harp. The program also provides specialized Suzuki Violin training, along with lessons in music theory and composition. Punahou Music School welcomes students of all ages and levels of experience, including those from other schools, as well as adults. The faculty, with extensive backgrounds in teaching and performance, guide students in refining their technique and expression, creating the foundation for a life-long appreciation for music.
Under the direction of the Punahou Music School Director, the Administrative Assistant works collaboratively to provide diverse administrative, operational, and strategic support to meet the needs of the Punahou Music School program. Manages and ensures the smooth running of the department and oversees the department’s procedures and day-to-day operations. Develops processes that streamline and improve program activities and functions (e.g. payroll, project planning, facility management, communication). Takes a lead role in the coordination of student workers, productions and event management. Works with the Punahou School Co-Curricular Programs Coordinator, as needed, to support program needs. Also provides administrative support for the Chamber Music Program, a shared Punahou Music School/Music Department program.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides program support and coordination for the Music School’s faculty members and facilitates relationships and communication with students and families.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for students and families and manages a high volume of incoming phone, walk-in and email communication.
- Manages course enrollments, registration inquiries, and waitlists.
- Sets up, manages and updates faculty spreadsheets (including student attendance records, payroll, lesson and class scheduling, contact lists).
- Prepares payroll submission for program faculty and other employees.
- Actively monitors and reconciles the Music School general ledgers and budgets.
- Work Year: 12 Month
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Schedule may vary based on operational needs
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Two (2) years of related experience in a high-volume office environment.
- Experience working in a school environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated high proficiency and experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google Applications (Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Slides).
For more information, please contact Punahou Music School Director, Helen Chao-Casano. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to Apply
Please see the position posting to apply.