About Our Organization
Kaufman Music Center (www.kaufmanmusiccenter.org) is one of New York City's most vibrant cultural organizations. Founded in 1952 as a community music school, today’s Kaufman Music Center is home to: Merkin Hall: an epicenter for groundbreaking experiences; Lucy Moses School: NYC's largest community arts school - all ages and skill levels are welcome; Special Music School: NYC's only K-12 public school that teaches music as a core subject; Face the Music: our critically-acclaimed youth new music ensemble. Combined, these elements form a unique musical ecosystem that provides entry points and inspiration through music for thousands of people each year.
The Center seeks a full time Administrative and Production Coordinator for the Special Music School High School.
This position reports to the SMS High School Dean of Music and primary responsibilities include:
- Producing all rehearsals, student performances and juries, including permits, set up, scheduling, and tracking
- Assists in all aspects of the admissions process
- Helping with instrument maintenance and care
- Maintaining the calendar and schedule for the entire high school. Provides calendar/event information to KMC staff and faculty, the DOE, PTA and families
- Scheduling of teaching and rehearsal spaces for the high school
- Coordinating high school assessments, concerts, and juries
- Handling paperwork associated with the program (performance request forms, jury forms, concert programs, grade collection, assessments, etc.)
- Serves as the initial contact with SMSHS families, faculty, and outside parties regarding school events, schedules, and requirements
- Assists with teacher payroll processing and tracks student attendance. Maintains student files.
- Assists in purchasing of instruments and supplies
- Supports the SMS Director and Dean as needed.
Qualifications for the position: The ideal candidate is organized, methodical and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to work under pressure, multi task, have outstanding telephone etiquette, and interpersonal skills. Classical music background required. Experience in an arts/education environment preferred. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are very important. Computer skills: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
How to Apply
Compensation: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Hours: Full time, Monday - Friday.
To apply: Please email résumé and letter of interest with salary requirements to email@example.com. Subject line should read: Administrative and Production Coordinator. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.